Whenever people ask us what is our favorite things about blogging, they probably expect us to say the monetary benefits that we occasionally lucky enough to enjoy. It really is not. Through blogging, and through the blogging related event that we’ve been to, we have met so many amazing people. It floors us that we can call them ‘friends’.
Top 10 Classic Watches for Women
Finding the perfect luxury watch for women requires perfect mix of emotional appeal, craftsmanship and design. A luxury watch does much more than tell time, it’s a way for women to express their personal taste as well as making a statement. Going with a classic design from a watchmaker with heritage is always a recipe for success. Lets dive into our top picks
If there is a single watch that speaks for the universe of luxury watches, it is the Rolex Datejust. Let’s call it the goodwill ambassador of Swiss watches. There is the classic that we immediately recognize plus more than 1,000 iterations. One of the latest is the ref. 279173 in Oystersteel and yellow gold. The Datejust was introduced in 1945. Since then this watch has proven to delight us with its multiple personalities. Find it in an endless variety of case materials, dials, stones, markers, bracelets, and appliques. In whichever configuration you choose, this is a timeless classic.
Carl F. Bucherer Patravi ref. 00.10622.08.23.31
The Patravi is an impact player in the world of women’s watches. It features a stainless steel case and bracelet. The bezel is set with diamonds. The white dial has silver-tone hands, index hours markers and minute markers around the outer rim. It looks serious. This classic watch is perfect for the boardroom. It is an elegant statement that will impress endlessly. There are several variations in case materials, colors, and a variety of straps and bracelets to tailor the look for the wearer.
Vacheron Constantin Overseas Ref. 2305v/100A-B170
The overseas is ready to go when you are. A dozen variations of this watch make it easy to compliment the personality and lifestyle of the wearer. There is even a model with a diamond bezel for the ultimate expression of elegance and sportiness.
Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Lady
The Reverso was first issued to British Army officers stationed in India in the 1930s. The idea of flipping the case to protect the dial from damage while playing polo. The Reverso still dazzles us today. The face of the Reverso Lady is framed by three gadroons giving it an art deco flair. The many variations of the Reverso Lady reinforce and inspire femininity. Not yet convinced? Have a closer look at the pink gold Reverso One Duetto Jewellery.
Bvlgari Serpenti Sedutorri
This stunning timepiece is Bvlgari’s nod to the glamour of high jewelry. The iconic drop-shaped watch head takes on a striking new design. The dial is white silver opaline. The soft sheen of the bracelet is inspired by the scales of a serpent. The hexagonal pattern is soft and flexible. It moves with the wearer. The Serpenti Seduttori watch features a quartz movement and a 33 mm stainless steel case.
Cartier Ballon Bleu REF. W4BB0016
Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch never fails to add elegance to your look. Wear it with an evening gown or jeans and a blazer. The 33mm steel case houses a self-winding, mechanical movement. The case is available in polished or brushed finishes. The bezel is steel and is set with 50 brilliant-cut diamonds. A silvered flinqué sunray effect dial catches the light. Let the Ballon Bleu be your entry into the world of Cartier watchmaking.
Cartier Tank Francaise REF. WE110004
The small Tank Française watch updates Cartier’s legendary tank watch design from the 1910s. It is offered in a steel case with rose gold and steel chain-link bracelet. The dial is set with 11 brilliant-cut diamonds. The Tank Francaise captures the emotion of Cartier’s original design. Today’s design aesthetic pushes the timepiece forward.
Patek Philippe Twenty 4
Black dial and diamonds are the epitomai of elegance. The PP twenty-4 watch launched in 1999. Designed for the active women, its classic art deco styling and dramatic blackface make the watch fit for any occasion. Only Patek Philippe can pack this much effortless elegance into a watch.
Chopard 36mm Happy Sport
Diamonds with a stainless steel case. A combination that Chopard put on the map. The Happy Sport was launched in 1993 and since then has kept the sporty, elegant women’s watch at the forefront. Seven diamonds float was the wearer moves. You’ll look twice before you realize they won’t interfere with the hour and minute hands. Many variations in the dial, case materials, straps, and bracelets let the wearer choose the right amount of chic and sophistication. Chopard has released more than 1,000 versions of the Happy Sport over 25 years.
Audemars Piguet Lady Royal Oak
The AP Royal Oak. The design is iconic and timeless. The Lady Royal Oak comes in a variety of case materials. The octagonal bezel and finely fitted integrated bracelet give the watch a look all its own. The embossed look of the dial, known as tapisserie, shook up the world of watches. Today, there are endless varieties of the Royal Oak. Casual, dressy, or elegant, this watch pulls off all the looks. It is not unusual to see women opting for the men’s mode.
THE TIMELESS PASSION OF WATCHNERD.COM
Not content with a watch that only tells time? Special watches are out there. If you are asking yourself how do I choose a watch like this? What should I pay? Is there value behind the brand and price? You owe it to yourself to look closer into the Watchnerd buyer decision making guides. Watchnerd.com shows you your options as a buyer. Our guides are indispensable while trying to decide which brand and model is right for you. Watchnerd.com is ready to help. Our passion is timeless.
Quality fabrics, perfect fit and studied colors: 9 tips for dressing well at work
The appropriate and dangerous prints, the colorimetry and the basic allies of the wardrobe that help to highlight the professional image of a person. An expert recommended tips to achieve an impeccable work look
Clothing at work influences. And a lot. Talk about the image that each person wants to give to the other. A well-ironed, clean and perfumed outfit gives an impeccable professional image. For this, having an orderly wardrobe and with the basics is essential.
So, what elements help to convey a professional look? In dialogue with Infobae, María Pínola, image consultant and president of the International Association of Image Consultants (AICI Argentina), shared 9 infallible tips so as not to make mistakes when choosing the outfit to go to work.
“Our image is an essential element that reflects the personality and what we want to transmit to the rest, it is a fact, and if we move it to the workplace, it is a tool for communication and projection of specific values and styles,” the expert explained. image.
– Blazers: search and rely on the blazers. Today is a new basic, which also gives structure, provides formality, security and better deal with situations before the public, meeting or a presentation. Colors to have: black, blue, camel, white and gray.
– Correct fit of the garments: often these details spoil the image completely. The role of the pants must be well made if the fabric is to dress the hem must be made by hand, if the pants are denim, you can order a roll with the same color of the original seam. In the case of sacks, covers, and blazers, we must make the roll to the sleeves and not be too long. With the skirts is similar, the most formal fabrics must have the ring finished by hand. Having these to perfection, the details add quality to the image and it translates into professionalism.
– Prints: of course you can add patterns and colors when working, but it is important to consider the type of print, size, and contrast in relation to our workplace. There are traditional prints that are well accepted, such as polka dots, stripes, and small floral prints that pass by without attracting attention; however, the striking and in some part “conflictive” are the animal print. These must be very discreet, with little contrast between the background and the figure and that is only a detail within the complete look.
– The choice of colors: the study of Personal Colorimetry discovers which are the colors that best feel with the person, which benefit the most for the use of the waist up, and those that provide a rested, illuminated and fresh face. There is always a palette of colors that favor more than the other, it is only about discovering in the day to day with the color of the complexion, trying which is better and thus being able to create a professional wardrobe.
– Shirts: nowadays they are trend and thanks to the shirts of different materials we can give different styles to the work look. From different genres, textures and embroidery exist today in the textile industry.
– Jeans: if the work allows it, and it is not forbidden, it is recommended to use an only dark color like black or blue without the effect of washes, neither destroyed nor boyfriend. These, combined with more formal textures such as silk shirts, a blazer and a good accessory such as a handkerchief, hoop or necklace, enhance and formalize the denim.
– Quality of fabrics : the quality of the fabrics that are chosen say a lot about the person, not always buying a brand is synonymous with quality and you have to know how to look at the seams, the colors of the threads, how to touch the fabrics in order to make good choices in any clothing store, from a top brand to massive brands. Fabrics such as silk, gauze, crepe, and tailoring give more hierarchy and a more professional image.
– Dress pants: if you want to rescue one that has not been used for a long time or do not know how to do it “canchero”, the combination with a plain cotton shirt or print or inscription can leave that formality aside and make it more fun and less boring.
– Skirts: long or short -with a length suitable for the office, ideally at the knee or a few centimeters above-, and these can be worn with cotton shirts, fine-knit sweaters, shirts of different genres such as silk, gauze, satin or denim. The ideal complement? The Blazers.
Wedding trends that will sweep in 2019
Discover wedding trends that will cause fury among brides planning their wedding for 2019.
Let yourself be conquered by the wedding trends that will sweep in 2019. The most chic and modern details become protagonists of the new trends in wedding dresses, hairstyles, accessories and, of course, in the decoration of weddings. If you plan to say ‘yes, I want’ next year, we invite you to discover the trends that will be imposed in 2019.
There are many details to take into account when organizing a wedding, so it is always good to have an extra help and know in advance the new trends. Surely you will find the detail you were looking for to make your wedding a unique and special day.
Trends in wedding dresses
Elegance and comfort are a binomial that prevails with strength among the most modern brides. The trends in wedding dresses confirm the prominence of the color palette in the most modern and stylish designs.
The jumpsuits for brides, the coolest and most elegant monkeys, are here to stay. The perfect alternative for brides who renounce the classic dress and bet on the comfort of wearing pants. Elegance for a very special day at the hands of designers such as Carolina Herrera, Galvan or Viktor & Rolf.
The layers for brides will continue making furor next season, one of the most chic accessories that are presented as an alternative to veils for brides. Transparent layers, lace, embroidered or decorated with crystals.
The color has entered fully into bridal fashion and more and more brides are choosing to wear a colorful wedding dress. Dresses like those we find in Vera Wang’s 2019 bridal collection, where white gives way to more sweeping colors, such as cherry red, yellow, green, lilac, beige … A farewell to white with style.
Naturalness is synonymous with elegance, and the proof is that the most comfortable hairstyles are imposed for brides, such as ponytails and braids.
Trends in wedding decoration
Transparencies are imposed between trends in wedding decoration, with details such as transparent chairs for guests, glass table centers … The charm of this trend lies in the brightness it brings to the spaces.
It is not the only trend that comes to stay, because the rustic style has given way to desert inspiration for outdoor weddings.
Wish to contact us?! 🙂