The appropriate and dangerous prints, the colorimetry and the basic allies of the wardrobe that help to highlight the professional image of a person. An expert recommended tips to achieve an impeccable work look
Clothing at work influences. And a lot. Talk about the image that each person wants to give to the other. A well-ironed, clean and perfumed outfit gives an impeccable professional image. For this, having an orderly wardrobe and with the basics is essential.
So, what elements help to convey a professional look? In dialogue with Infobae, María Pínola, image consultant and president of the International Association of Image Consultants (AICI Argentina), shared 9 infallible tips so as not to make mistakes when choosing the outfit to go to work.
“Our image is an essential element that reflects the personality and what we want to transmit to the rest, it is a fact, and if we move it to the workplace, it is a tool for communication and projection of specific values and styles,” the expert explained. image.
– Blazers: search and rely on the blazers. Today is a new basic, which also gives structure, provides formality, security and better deal with situations before the public, meeting or a presentation. Colors to have: black, blue, camel, white and gray.
– Correct fit of the garments: often these details spoil the image completely. The role of the pants must be well made if the fabric is to dress the hem must be made by hand, if the pants are denim, you can order a roll with the same color of the original seam. In the case of sacks, covers, and blazers, we must make the roll to the sleeves and not be too long. With the skirts is similar, the most formal fabrics must have the ring finished by hand. Having these to perfection, the details add quality to the image and it translates into professionalism.
– Prints: of course you can add patterns and colors when working, but it is important to consider the type of print, size, and contrast in relation to our workplace. There are traditional prints that are well accepted, such as polka dots, stripes, and small floral prints that pass by without attracting attention; however, the striking and in some part “conflictive” are the animal print. These must be very discreet, with little contrast between the background and the figure and that is only a detail within the complete look.
– The choice of colors: the study of Personal Colorimetry discovers which are the colors that best feel with the person, which benefit the most for the use of the waist up, and those that provide a rested, illuminated and fresh face. There is always a palette of colors that favor more than the other, it is only about discovering in the day to day with the color of the complexion, trying which is better and thus being able to create a professional wardrobe.
– Shirts: nowadays they are trend and thanks to the shirts of different materials we can give different styles to the work look. From different genres, textures and embroidery exist today in the textile industry.
– Jeans: if the work allows it, and it is not forbidden, it is recommended to use an only dark color like black or blue without the effect of washes, neither destroyed nor boyfriend. These, combined with more formal textures such as silk shirts, a blazer and a good accessory such as a handkerchief, hoop or necklace, enhance and formalize the denim.
– Quality of fabrics : the quality of the fabrics that are chosen say a lot about the person, not always buying a brand is synonymous with quality and you have to know how to look at the seams, the colors of the threads, how to touch the fabrics in order to make good choices in any clothing store, from a top brand to massive brands. Fabrics such as silk, gauze, crepe, and tailoring give more hierarchy and a more professional image.
– Dress pants: if you want to rescue one that has not been used for a long time or do not know how to do it “canchero”, the combination with a plain cotton shirt or print or inscription can leave that formality aside and make it more fun and less boring.
– Skirts: long or short -with a length suitable for the office, ideally at the knee or a few centimeters above-, and these can be worn with cotton shirts, fine-knit sweaters, shirts of different genres such as silk, gauze, satin or denim. The ideal complement? The Blazers.