National Ice Cream Day is Sunday, July 21. Here’s where to get that sweet cream for free or cheap.
Totally free ice cream
- Dippin’ Dots: Free mini scoop during a two-hour window. But that window varies by location, and you have to ask your local store for their window. Or hang out at the Dippin’ Dots all day waiting for a free scoop of space dessert.
- Enlightened: Click that link on July 21 to fill out a form and get a coupon for a free pint or box of Enlightened bars, according to Food & Wine.
- Halo Top: Free pops at certain stores in Austin, Charlotte, NYC, LA, and SF. (Check the link for store names.)
- Nutella Café (NYC and Chicago): From 3-5pm, first 50 customers get a frozen Nutella pop, and everyone else gets a scoop of gelato.
- PetSmart: Free four-ounce dog-safe ice cream topped with dog biscuits at PetHotel locations. It’s human-safe too, but humans would probably prefer normal ice cream, said a PetSmart representative when we inquired.
- Uniqlo: Free mochi at certain stores, according to U.S. News.
Buy one, get one
- Carvel: BOGO any size and flavor soft serve.
- Cold Stone Creamery: For those who joined the Cold Stone rewards club by July 18 (sorry, everyone else), there’s an unspecified BOGO deal.
- Creamistry: “Free regular size Ruby Cacao ice cream with purchase of equal or greater value.” Must join the rewards club first.
- Fannie May Chicago locations: BOGO scoop of ice cream.
- Yogurtland: BOGO ice cream and froyo.
- Cumberland Farms: $1 off pints, according to Food & Wine.
- Godiva: Buy one, get one 50% off on soft serve and parfait.
- Johnny Rockets: Buy an entree, get a shake.
- Monkey Joe’s: Free ice cream for each kid with admission.
- Potbelly: Free large milkshake when you buy an entree, according to Food & Wine.
- Whole Foods: 35% off ice cream and “novelties” for Prime members, July 17-30, says Food & Wine.
- Your Pie: Buy something, get a free scoop of gelato.
- Insomnia Cookies: Buy something, get a free scoop of ice cream.
If you know where else to get free or BOGO ice cream, tell us!
About the author
Staff Writer, Lifehacker | Nick has written for Gawker, the Awl, the Toast, the Daily Dot, Urlesque, and the web series “Jaywalk Cop.” He currently runs the horror-comedy podcast “Roommate From Hell.”